Turn the Anacostia EcoJustice Passover boat trip into action by:
1) Supporting the organizations of the speakers (financially and/or by participating in their activities):
- Groundwork Anacostia River DC (find Groundwork Anacostia on Facebook!)
- Anacostia RiverKeeper
- Anacostia Watershed Society
- Sierra Club DC
- Earth Conservation Corps
- LearnServe International NOTE: This is the group with which Ayinde is trying to return to Zambia. Please mention his name if you donate so that the donation can be credited to his trip.
2) Promoting the Maryland Bag Fee: (Notice the “plastic bags consumed this year” counter at the top of the page. When I clicked on, it was already up to 109,423,280,915).
3) Collecting plastic newspaper bags for Ayinde to bring to Zambia to have the Chikumbuso school turn them into totes (Can someone volunteer to put a collection box in the lobby?).
4) Participating in our new Green Team with Groundwork Anacostia. Projects will be targeted to college students, teens, seniors and other adults. Details to follow on the list serve.
5) Reading Spring in Washington by Louis Halle.
6) Including the Ecojustice Haggadah Helpers in your seder and by using those helpers to inspire your seder guests to take action.
7) Other followups? Please add them in the comments section below.